The real value of biospecimens lies in the data they generate to advance scientific research. Using state-of-the-art workflows, advanced genomics approaches, and comprehensive informatics solutions, we provide timely and accurate analysis of stored samples. And because sample integrity is essential to the success of research, we take every precaution to ensure and measure the safety of stored samples.
Overview of service
We offers a global network of biorepository and laboratory processing services that support personalized medicine and accelerate discoveries that lead to innovative, effective, and safe healthcare products.
Molecular biology laboratory within biorepository can
- Maximize the value of your biospecimens while maintaining sample integrity
- Maintain sample integrity
- Supporting all needs of Biobanking/Biorepository customers by customized sample processing
- Increasing your efficiency by analyzing your materials with trusted assays
BSL-2 and CL3 laboratories
Our laboratories are purpose-built to support our biorepository operations and have the capability and trained staff to process multiple sample types.
This includes blood and blood derivatives (plasma, PBMCs, buffy coat, serum), stool, urine, saliva, CSF and other body fluids, cancer tissues/cell lines, cfDNA, FFPE blocks, amniotic fluid, cord blood, placenta, breast milk, meconium, nail clippings, hair, semen, cervical swabs, bacteria, plant, food, soil, viruses, or any other human or veterinary samples.
Key laboratory capabilities
Automated sample processing
- Automated sample aliquoting and labeling
- Automated blood fractionation (buffy coat extraction)
- Automated DNA/RNA extraction
- Automated vial capping/decapping and labeling
- Processing of serum, plasma, RBC, WBC or blood clots
- PBMC extractions, cryo-preservation and viability testing
Various types of unwanted pre-analytical variability can be introduced at numerous points in the life of a sample. We reduce freeze thaw cycles to a minimum by automated aliquoting, or dividing samples into many parts, and use step-down freezing to protect cell viability.
Nucleic acid or protein extractions and analysis
- From variety of samples to get cfDNA, gDNA, RNA, miRNA or proteins
- Sizing, quantitation, and purity assessments for DNA, RNA, and protein samples
- Aliquoting in custom formats with QC testing for high-throughput PCR, qPCR, Sanger sequencing, Microarray, or NGS assays
- iWestern workflows, ELISA, QuantiGene Plex assays
Our automated liquid handling capabilities and automated nucleic acid extraction workflows allow us to aliquot samples into “assay ready” plates for high throughput screening, and single use aliquots to minimize freeze-thaw cycles. We also offer customized, manual and small-scale sample processing solutions to meet unique customer demands.
Affymetrix Microarray solutions & TaqMan Assays
- Precision Medicine Diversity Array (>850,000 markers)
- Disease causing variants
- Actionable variants
- Exome variants
- Rare blood typing and disorder variants
- Immunity, Inflammation, and HLA markers
- Pharmacogenomics and ADME variants
- Ancestry, wellness, and trait markers
- Customized arrays to support large scale biobanking needs
- TaqMan assays for
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping
- Gene expression analysis
- MicroRNA expression
- Translocation analysis
- Gene detection
- Viral load analysis
Our Sanger and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) services support a broad range of research applications that is driving discovery and enabling the future of personalized medicine. We provide sequencing solutions for many application including: cancer research (targeted panels to whole genome), inherited disease research (from targeted gene panels to RNA expression and aneuploidy detection), human identification (from genotyping to short tandem repeat to mitochondrial DNA), reproductive health research (from pre-implantation to congenital research), and infectious disease (from viruses to microbial communities). We can create custom data analysis algorithms and use cloud-based computing to analyze NGS data as per client’s requirements. We also leverage Ion reporter analysis tools to provide total solution for our client’s sequencing needs.
For NGS workflows, we provide full support from DNA extraction to library preparation to sequencing and data analysis. We can process FFPE blocks, frozen tissues, cell lines, saliva, or stool samples or even harvest cfDNA from plasma fractions of single whole blood tube.
NGS solutions include
- Targeted DNA/ RNA sequencing
- Exome sequencing
- Transcriptome sequencing
- Microbial sequencing (whole genome/16S)
- de novo sequencing
- Viral or bacterial typing
- Aneuploidy and CNV analysis
- Small RNA and miRNA sequencing
- Plasmid sequencing
NGS with unmatched sensitivity for low frequency variants
- Ion AmpliSeq HD technology for targeted sequencing
- Custom molecular barcode based NGS
- Full data analysis support for sequencing and genotyping
- QC, Mapping, Variant calling, Transcriptome or denovo analysis
- Custom data analysis support
- Custom pipelines for low frequency variants
Laboratory Information Management System
A sample is only as good as the data appended to it. Our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) is integrated with our data management system to manage biospecimen data as efficiently as possible. The LIMS provides flexibility and adaptability while increasing automation and throughput of complex plate-based assays, providing advanced handling of microtiter plates and arrays.
We designed our laboratories to support the needs of researchers seeking the highest quality of biospecimens analysis. Our lab processing services is run by qualified scientists who follow well-documented up-to-date protocols for sample processing. Through our integrated biorepository and laboratory processing workflows, our highly qualified staff, and our quality check points, we deliver quality sample processing service.
Other laboratory project related services
- Project evaluation by our team of scientists for customized research and discovery needs.
- Flexible, customized solutions using state-of-art technology from Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Dedicated project management support for efficient communication and management.
- Complete end-to-end solution from sample analysis to sample storage and distribution.